Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Easy Carrot Salad

Since February is Heart Month, I had to prepare a healthy dish to take to a club potluck luncheon.  Here's what I ended up making:


EASY CARROT SALAD

1 pkg. lemon jello
1 20-oz can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve liquid)
3 large carrots, shredded

Make the jello according to package directions using the liquid from the can of pineapple for part of the liquid.  Place in the refrigerator until set.  Mix in the pineapple and carrots.  Return to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight until firmly set.

Shredding the carrots is the hardest part of this recipe - but I used my food processor and it was done in seconds.  Quick and easy - and delicious!  And doesn't it look bright and colorful in my pretty chicken dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment